From NSV13Jump to navigationJump to search
A miracle substance, this is one of the things SS13 mines and researches. What little NT has been able to glean so far indicates it is an alien element that has never been encountered across human conquered space. It has multiple properties that make it a target for NT to develop into a market ready product.
Areas of specific research include
- Use as a dense energy efficient fuel
- Its ability to generate electricity when exposed to radiation.
- Its extreme volatility and potential as an explosive
- Reaction of local xenobiology to being exposed to plasma.
- Utility in multiple chemical reactions with standard earth elements
The States of Plasma[edit | edit source]
Plasma has a number of different states.
- Plasma Ore
- Plasma Ore is mined by Shaft Miners from Lavaland or from asteroids from space.
- Solid Plasma
- Plasma Ore can be smelted into Solid Plasma bars using Cargo's ore redemption device.
- Liquefied Plasma
- Reagent Grinders are used to liquify Solid Plasma.
- Plasma Gas
- Atmospherics, Engineering and the Research Division have canisters. Pouring Liquefied Plasma from a container on the floor creates a 1x1 tile of plasma compressed to expand to whatever kPa based on how much liquefied plasma there was.
Most Common Uses[edit | edit source]
- Making slime reactions in Xenobiology
- Doing virology research
- Making bombs.
- Poisoning people.
- P.A.C.M.A.N. fuel.
- Fuel for Radiation Collectors to generate power from singularity and supermatter radiation.
- Gaining more points with the Supply Shuttle
- Starting fires.