Guide to enemy types
Syndicate[edit | edit source]
Fighters[edit | edit source]
Syndicate Interceptor[edit | edit source]
Syndicate interceptors are launched from larger, threatening carrier ships. Individually they pose little danger, but they can start dealing lots of damage when grouped up.
Syndicate Bomber[edit | edit source]
Also launched from carrier ships. Similar to interceptors, but they are equipped with multiple torpedoes and will target capital ships. If you're a Fighter Pilot, take these ones down first.
Mediumweight spacecraft[edit | edit source]
Syndicate Light Cruiser[edit | edit source]
Smaller syndicate vessel which typically serves as a distraction to larger threats. Equipped with some light torpedoes.
Syndicate Boarding Frigate[edit | edit source]
A Frigate which prioritizes boarding the NSV by getting close enough. Evade at all costs, unless you want a group of angry Syndicate Drop Troopers onboard.
Syndicate Anti-air Frigate[edit | edit source]
The bane of flyboys everywhere. Fast, and will prioritize shooting down fighter craft with Flak and Anti-air guns.
A joke of a ship, i've seen fighters kill it
Syndicate Stealth Cruiser[edit | edit source]
The only ship type equipped with cloaking technology, which it uses to hide its IFF signal on the radar and turn partially invisible.
The reason why battles take forever
Syndicate Thermonuclear Frigate[edit | edit source]
The big bad. Armed to the teeth with nuclear torpedoes and eager to test them out on you. If you encounter one in a system, run or prioritize shooting down the thermonuclear torpedoes with PDCs.
Heavyweight spacecraft[edit | edit source]
Syndicate Patrol Cruiser[edit | edit source]
A beefier version of the aforementioned light cruiser. Tough to kill battleship which can wreck havoc with its gauss turrets and radial MAC cannon.
Syndicate Carrier[edit | edit source]
A high priority target which constantly spawns Syndicate interceptors and bombers. Carriers are supply ships which repair their allies.
Syndicate Assault Cruiser[edit | edit source]
A slow, bulky tank of a ship that will devastate up close.
Fleets[edit | edit source]
The Syndicate - just like Nanotrasen - have multiple fleets they use for a multitude of tasks.
- Most often seen are the Border Patrol fleets. These fleets are strong enough to protect from the occaisonal incursion, but when a brave crew - that's where You come in - smashes through them, they mobilize the other fleets.
- Commando Taskforce is a fleet with Boarding Frigates. Try to stay mobile, and ready up security when fighting them.
- Nuclear Deterrent is a dangerous fleet armed with Nuclear Weaponry. Refill the PDC racks!
- Unidentified Fleet is a fleet of Stealth Frigates. Prepare the radar and start looking for blips!
It should be noted that all of the above fleets come with an assortment of conventional ships - carriers, cruisers, fighters - alongside their special ships.
There are also sector specific fleets, that inhabit a specific sector of the Starmap.
- The Tortuga Raiders. Yarr harr matey! The space pirates armed with special music and profanites.
- The Rubicon Crossing Defenders. The vigorus defenders standing guard outside the Syndicate capital system.
- The Dolos Welcoming Party. The last defenders of the Syndicate Capital. Not many have seen them and even less have come back to tell the tale.
- The 1st Syndicate Defense Force. The bane of all the Abassi Ridge, the reason you are patrolling here.